Thinking of transferring your UK Pension Fund to New Zealand?
United Kingdom (“UK”) pension transfer regulations allow the tax-free transfer of UK pension funds from registered pension schemes to overseas qualifying schemes (known as QROPS), such as the Britannia Superannuation Scheme 2012. Britannia Financial Services Limited (with its related companies, “Britannia” or “we”) specialises in these transfers to New Zealand into the Britannia Superannuation Scheme 2012.
NB: IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are a member of a public sector Defined Benefit Scheme that is unfunded (such as Teachers, Police, Armed Forces, Fire Fighters, National Health Service and Civil Service) then your opportunity to transfer your pension rights to New Zealand will cease on 6 April 2015.
Why transfer with Britannia – making your pension transfer process easy.
- We offer a QROPS (the Britannia Superannuation Scheme 2012) which we manage. We make UK pension transfers into it without any penalties or UK exit taxes
- We are highly experienced having completed over 17,000 transfers since 1998
- We are familiar with many UK pension schemes, having made transfers from around 500 UK schemes
- We have a range of services offered through a well established network of transfer specialists and authorised financial advisers (AFAs) to meet your financial needs
- We have our own in-house transfer staff so you always deal directly with the person who can help
- Our service continues after the transfer by providing information to help you ensure your decisions remain appropriate for your ongoing financial needs
For more details on why trust Britannia to help you with your UK pension transfer, click here
- The decision whether or not to transfer is complex and we recommend you speak to one of our authorised financial advisers for personalised advice as to whether a transfer is suitable for you. Disclosure statements for each of our advisers are available on request and free of charge.
Important notice to all holders of UK pensions. Legislation has passed through the New Zealand Parliament standardising the tax of pensions being transferred to this country. There is a 4 year period for newly arrived migrants to transfer pensions tax-free after which the level of tax payable increases with time
Click here to download a PDF from the IRD detailing the percentage of your pension that will be subject to tax at your marginal rate if you transfer your pension to New Zealand
Contact us now
Click "FREE NO OBLIGATION ASSESSMENT" for a UK to New Zealand pension transfer assessment to find out, free and without obligation, if your pension can be transferred and what it's worth. One of our Authorised Financial Advisers will also outline our service propositions to ensure you are offered the right service for your situation. All transfers that are made will be into the Britannia Superannuation Scheme 2012 (for transfers of UK tax-relieved monies) or the Britannia Superannuation Scheme (for transfers of non-UK tax-relieved monies).
A Disclosure Statement for each Authorised Financial Adviser and the Investment Statement for the Britannia Superannuation Scheme 2012 and the Britannia Superannuation Scheme are available on request and free of charge.
A prospectus for the Britannia Superannuation Scheme 2012 has been registered with the Registrar of Financial Service Providers. You can click here for a copy of the prospectus.
For non-UK tax-relieved transfers, you can join the Britannia Superannuation Scheme. A prospectus for the Britannia Superannuation Scheme has been registered with the Registrar of Financial Service Providers. You can click here for a copy of the prospectus.